 Robotics / 8544
8543  |  8545
Subject:
Sanscript and Lego Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 1996 08:12:02 GMT

Hello everyone.
I'm new to this list and to Lego Mindstorms. I bought version 1.0 last week
(well, actually 4 weeks ago if you consider the eToys shipping delay). It's
great so far, of course.

I was wondering if anyone out there has tried to control the RCX using Sanscript
(a truly visual language by Nortwoods Software). If not, I'd like that to be my
first contribution to the Mindstorms community. It's quite simple -- it took
about half an hour. All I needed to figure out was to rename Spirit.ocx to
Spirit.olb. Sanscript doesn't understand the ocx extension.

The necessary steps are as follows:
1. Copy Spirit.OCX to Spirit.OLB.
2. Download Sanscript Pro from www.trulyvisual.com (it's really nice, although
they only give you a one-month evaluation period).
3. Click on the menu File : Ole/COM Wizard.
4. Press the Browse button and locate Spirit.OLB.
5. Press Show, Select All, and finally, OK.

The function icons and especially their names are not that great, but everything
seems to work. It's certainly more fun to program in Sanscript than in VB or
VC++, IMHO.

Regards,
--Jose

--