 Robotics / 8505
    Tilt and Walking —David Paule
   Let's take walking first. Things fall over when there is an unbalanced moment (also called a torque) applied to them. If the moment (force times distance) is balanced, for example by pressure from their feet, they can stand upright. When things (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Tilt and Walking —Christian Jacobsen
   (...) example (...) I was thinking about walkers too, and I came up with an idea... If the toes had a wheel, the walker could basically drag the toe as the foot moved forward, and therefore never have to shift the weight from one leg to the other. (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)