 Robotics / 8452
Re: RIS ver. 1.5 and Windows NT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 07:13:34 GMT

I have had some small problems running it with 1.0, I am going to try it
with 2000 later toda.

Tony Edgecombe
"Richard Lawler" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:000e01bf3539$52946c50$c8a8a8c0@pacbell.net...
RIS 1.5 does NOT work on Windows NT 4.0 since it requires a more advanced
version of DirectX than is supported on NT4. RIS 1.5 may work on Windows • 2000
since it is supposed to have full DirectX support.

RIS 1.0 does work on NT4 though. But LEGO does not support it.

- Richard Lawler
(richardl@well.com)
http://www.well.com/~richardl

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maneesh Soni" <maneeshsoni@hotmail.com>
To: <>
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 1999 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: RIS ver. 1.5 and Windows NT

I have WinNT 4.0 in my computer. It doesnot work with RISv1.5 because I
donot have Quicktime on it. I have to either get Quicktime (I suppose
version 6) for NT4.0 or I have to upgrade NT in order to make RIS1.5 • work. I
cannot use the new upgrade software as it quits as soon as I try to get • into
the RCX program section.

I am not sure what are the extra features in the upgrade software that I
should tke the trouble of getting extra software....

/Maneesh