 Robotics / 8404
8403  |  8405
Subject:
Wireless Robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 16:33:03 GMT

Has anyone tried to use wireless networking to control a legorobot?
IP programming in VB is easy and I was thinking of making a robot
which uses the RCX as its medulla and a stripped down laptop with
a PCMCIA Ethernet adapter as the cerebrum. The idea is to have a
digital camera mounted on the thing sending back video along with
passing instructions to the RCX (most of the bandwidth would be unused
if it was just sending instructions). The command console would sit on
a regular PC and would host an app that talks to the "brain" of the robot.
I don't have my kit yet so I have not tried programming a brick - though
have
seen the .ocx. I was thinking of creating functions in assembly and
compiling
a .dll in Delphi that VB programs could make calls to add functionality. Has
anybody tried this approach yet? Once I get the hardware, anyone want to
collaborate on a .dll?

Matt