 Robotics / 8391
Re: Window CE Support for the Mindstorm Unit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 19:32:27 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ted Hess writes:

There is also the possibility of implementing "Consumer IR" through the CE
IR port, however, you will need a special driver and some programming info
for that driver. Such a driver exists in SkyCommander
(http://web.singnet.com.sg/~ohmania/SkyCommander/SkyCommander.html), but the
vendor provides no API info on its use (cir2xx.dll). This may be the
solution -- don't know.

Yes, this is perhaps possible - not my idea of fun though.

So far I've had no problems running the RCX IR tower from my CE device using
NQC (more on that later).

That's great news. Do you use a 9-9 convertor? Any problems configuring? And
how the &#%$ do you get it to run NQC? Enquiring minds want to know.

-g