 Robotics / 8346
Re: Scout SDK now available on legomindstorms.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 02:26:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Russell Stoll writes:
Folks,

The Scout SDK is ready for download.  Enjoy.

Russ
LEGO MINDSTORMS

Awesome!

I just downloaded this.  Two zip files, about 1 Meg total download size.  You
need a DOS/Windows machine, an IR tower from the RIS, and a Scout to play.

The info on the Mindstorms page mentions that this package includes a Lego
Assembler program for the Scout (a good old MS-DOS app?) that "can be used as a
back-end for other programming systems."  (Well, the quote is from memory, but
that's bascally what it said.)

Well, time to unzip...

p.s.  Russ neglected to include the URL:

   http://www.legomindstorms.com/

I had to drill in several layers from there, but "Secrets of the Scout" is
practically the first thing you see when you hit the page.