 Robotics / 8304
    RE: IR tower question —Niinikoski Juha
   I stripped my IR tower few days ago and draw a partial schematics out of it. TX side. There are two IR diodes connected series. Low power level feed is 100 ohm and high level is 5.6 ohms. Low range diode current is somewhere around 50 mA. I have not (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: IR tower question —Robert Eddings
   I realize that the signal sent is 38 kHz at 2400 baud but isn't that set by the serial port? Robert Eddings (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: IR tower question —Mike Kory
   Robert, I hope an electronics person tells me I'm wrong, because this is where I'm stuck too. The serial port sets 2400 baud. But my understanding is that we have to get the Palm to generate a 38kHz signal. That is, pulse the IR led on/off at 38kHz. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: IR tower question —Reimer Mellin
   IrDA turns 'on' the IR for every 0 bit and holds it upfor ~ 1/2 of the period of the transmission frequency.(more on (URL) For these reasons its better to set the IrDA transmission frequency to 2x38kHz=76kHz and send 0x55 or other similar (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: IR tower question —Mike Kory
   Thanks a lot, Reimer, for answering the Ir question. This gives a starting point for more playing around with the Ir. If only my palm had IR--maybe for Xmas. Really clever idea for creating the 38kHz carrier. Mike Reimer Mellin <davmel@primenet.com> (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)