 Robotics / 8294
    Pictures of RCX on external batteries —Arjen Gerstel
   Kevin, I'm already using a set-up as you described. I suppose this is what you mean: (URL) you can see, I'm using 8 NiMH cells. This gives approx 9.6 volts. The motors actually run slightly faster than on regular alkaline batteries (and a lot (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Pictures of RCX on external batteries —Kevin Maynes
   (...) Yep! That's the beastie! Although in my mind's eye I was using sub-C cells, as I've got plenty of them. And I was soldering them together, as I've done it before. But we can do all sorts of things in our minds' eyes, no? :) It occurs to me (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)