 Robotics / 825
Re: Pneumatic Air Tanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 12:40:51 GMT

Nancy Evelyn Gold wrote in message <365E2D7A.BE82A1C4@sgi.com>...
I haven't tried them yet. There's some engineering involved to
make them useful. Not even sure I can.

Nancy, How ARE those solenoids working out, and how much are
they? Did you read my comments regarding the fully
pressurized state of one port with no neutral? Does this
even matter?

I did. The LEGO valve also vents the opposite port when it
pressurizes the other.

Actually, all pneumatics must vent the opposite side. What is
keeping you from "engineering" the solenoids. Maybe I can
help. I've done lots of pneumatics with "real" systems.

By the way, you didn't answer the main question which was the
cost of the valves :-)

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

The train stops at the train station,