 Robotics / 8158
Re: RIS 1.0 to 1.5 software upgrade
Newsgroups:
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 15:16:21 GMT

in 9719's

Rick Kirkwood

----- Original Message -----
From: Rich Carreiro <rlcarr@animato.arlington.ma.us>
To: <lugnet.robotics.rcx@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com>
Sent: Friday, November 12, 1999 11:58 PM
Subject: Re: RIS 1.0 to 1.5 software upgrade

"Rick Kirkwood" <dynamics@mediaone.net> writes:

Recent purchasers of RIS 1.0 may order a software only update to 1.5 for • a
shipping charge only of $3.95, as indicated in the note from MINDSTORMS

Now I'm confused again...

I've been told that the 1.0->1.5 upgrade includes some parts (a clutch • gear,
IIRC from an earlier thread) as well as software.  Quoting Doug Wilcox:
1.0 + Upgrade = 2 constructopedias and 2 test pads, more pieces, plus an • RCX
  that has an AC adapter socket

  1.5 = 1 c-pedia, 1 test pad, no AC socket, fewer pieces

which implies that the upgrade comes with pieces....

--
Rich Carreiro                            rlcarr@animato.arlington.ma.us
"I've come to the conclusion that there should be a tort for wasting my