 Robotics / 815
    Re: legOS —Dave
   (...) Firmware isn't software??? Go way back when and see what happend to bring about the IBM PC clone. The BIOS reverse engineering and why MACs haven't been cloned. Firmware *is* software, placed in a chip instead of 'normal' media (26 years ago, 26-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: legOS —Matthew Miller
     (...) I don't think whether license agreements/intellectual property rights apply to firmware is being questioned. Just whether the license provided by Lego even says anything at all about the firmware. (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: legOS —Kekoa Proudfoot
   (...) You're drifting from the point. Why IBM PCs have been cloned and why MACs have not been has nothing to do with license agreements. Copyrights are copyrights. I cannot, will not, and have not copied the firmware in any way that I do not (...) (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: legOS —Ben Laurie
   (...) It doesn't have much to do with coprights, IMO, either - the simple reason is that no two Macs are the same, whereas PCs have retained the same daft architecture IBM thought of on day one (including overlapping interrupts and exceptions which (...) (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)