 Robotics / 8088
    RE: tracking robot position —Carl Schaefer
   This is an interesting idea, but I think you will have a problem common to most dead-reckoning navigation solutions and that is that wheel slip, mouse ball slip, and the differential slip between the two (i.e., if the robot wheel slips, the mouse (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: tracking robot position —Vlad Dumitrescu
   (...) Of course! But for some applicvations, that isn't a big problem - and if it works it is cheaper and simpler than other methods at the same precision (I think) As a matter of fact, I am working on a way to use a pattern printed on the floor and (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)