 Robotics / 805
Re: Surveillance Robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 04:46:44 GMT

It looked to me like the Mars exploration set would be software
only.  It appeared to be a simulation of a remote camera on
robots moving around on Mars, with options to set the number,
type, and movement characteristics of the (virtual) robots.
That would better fit the $50 price.

Bob Wind
rwind at gfn dot org

----------
From: Matthew Miller <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Surveillance Robot
Date: Wednesday, November 25, 1998 6:19 PM

Daniel Miller <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote:
Isn't one of the Mindstorms addons promising a camera (it's probably • the one
that isn't out yet)?

Rumor has it the Mars exploration set will have a camera, but there's no
confirmation as yet.

I can confirm that I made up that rumor. It might be true, and there's
certainly some supporting evidence, but for $50 I'm not too hopeful.

--
Matthew Miller                      ---> • mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                       --->