 Robotics / 8046
Re: Mindstorms and Bungee Jumping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 20:05:51 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (The WordMeister) writes:
I was surprised! The text of the article made me think the robot was doing
something more akin to rappelling, but this is an honest-to-goodness bungee
jump--of a fairly heavy robot yet. (I don't think I'd dare to do it with my
RCX ...)

What kind of intelligence is needed for a robot to do bungee jumping? How does
a Mindstorms robot jump better than, say, a Furby tied to the bungee cord and
pushed off the plank?

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang