 Robotics / 8022
8021  |  8023
Subject:
Lego solar cell and capacitor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 21:13:36 GMT

I hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere yet.

http://www.lego.com/dacta/elab/

Interesting.  Unfortunately, I see (easy) way to power
an RCX using these new pieces.  Of course, with some
hacking it may well be doable.

In the FAQ, it describes using the motor as a generator
to charge the capacitor, just as it has been discoverd
that the motor can be used to power other Lego elements.

Overall, this looks like a very cool new product line.
I wonder if Lego will incorporate these items into the
Mindstorms or Technic lines?