 Robotics / 8020
  Re: Palm Pilot to RCX remote controller

(...) Ok. The Palm built in IR does use IRDA. The RCX does not. This is where any difficulty comes in. (...) I get a range of about three to four feet on my Palm III. When I was still living in my townhouse I could use it as a remote with my arm (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Palm Pilot to RCX remote controller

Paul, What you describe as someday is exactly what I am working on. To move the RCX controlling program off the RCX to a more capable machine where a program written in an Object Oriented hi level language (Java) does the actual controlling. I have (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)