 Robotics / 8019
    RE: Palm Pilot to RCX remote controller —David Walton
   Crossposted to lugnet.robotics.palm If you interested in the stuff try lugnet.robotics.palm group I think one of the problems with the built IR is its hard to code for it as it doesn't obey any standards like IRDA correct me on this one if anybody (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.palm)

        Re: Palm Pilot to RCX remote controller —Paul Speed
   (...) Ok. The Palm built in IR does use IRDA. The RCX does not. This is where any difficulty comes in. (...) I get a range of about three to four feet on my Palm III. When I was still living in my townhouse I could use it as a remote with my arm (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Palm Pilot to RCX remote controller —Farrukh S. Najmi
   Paul, What you describe as someday is exactly what I am working on. To move the RCX controlling program off the RCX to a more capable machine where a program written in an Object Oriented hi level language (Java) does the actual controlling. I have (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)