 Robotics / 7972
RE: New info and SDK for the Scout!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 13:12:25 GMT

This is very exciting!  Having recently purchased my RCX and Scout, I
missed the fun of the first year of RCX exploration.  Now I get another
chance.  THANK YOU LEGO for releasing this before the original fall 2000
date!

Jeff
jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Munafo [SMTP:munafo@gcctechNO.SPAMcom]
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 1999 12:29 AM
To: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: New info and SDK for the Scout!

For your convenience, here is the url of the page with the new information
that
Robert Eddings described:

  http://www.legomindstorms.com/products/rds/hackers.asp

I haven't tried this yet (I only just today bought my first Scout) but it
appears they are saying that the Code Pilot codes that the Scout sends [1]
are
intended mainly for controlling the Micro Scout [2], thereby getting a
third
motor on the Scout. Thus: RCX + Scout + Micro Scout gives you 6 motor
outputs!
[3]

- Robert Munafo        www.mrob.com

[1] IR codes 13,14 and 15, see
http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/robo/scout.html for
background

[2] Remember the Micro Scout? I like the Micro Scout, see
http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=6622 and
http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=6649 if you don't believe it

[3] More than the old MIT programmable brick! (see
http://el.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/projects/programmable-brick/ )

In lugnet.robotics, Robert Eddings writes:
For those that don't know it yet, http://www.legomindstorms.com/ has a
new section titled "Secrets of the Scout Revealed" at the main page.
Once in this section, clicking on "Secrets" gives great new information
on the Scout and some surprises! [...]