 Robotics / 7894
  Re: Lego Protocol Patent

(...) In theory, patents are only allowed for inventions that are "novel and unique". This means that if someone trained in a given field, with access to all published literature and knowledge, when faced with the same problem could reasonably be (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Protocol Patent

(...) I agree. But I'm pretty sure that a patent only prevents someone else from doing everything mentioned in _all_ of the claims put together. For example, if I were granted a patent containing two claims: 1. Walking 2. Chewing gum. ...then I (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Protocol Patent

(...) Not true. Each claim acts as its own mini-patent. For an accessible article and discussion, check out: (URL) the comments section make sure to set it sort high moderation scores to the top... otherwise it will take years to weed through. -Paul (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)