 Robotics / 7888
Re: Scientific American Robot Special on PBS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 22:29:48 GMT

At 11:35 11/03/99 -0800, you wrote:
I live in the Las Vegas metro area, and our PBS affiliate here runs
Scientific American w/ Alan Alda on Tuesday nights here.  Last night's
hour program was devoted entirely to robotics with a long segment on the
robot soccer competition.  They also showed a group of Sony's new dog
robot (name escapes me) programmed to play soccer, also.

it's called 'AIBO' lotsa info here.

http://slashdot.org/search.pl?query=aibo
http://www.world.sony.com/aibo/

Regs PR