 Robotics / 7871
  Re: Scout secrets revealed

Robert Munafo wrote in message ... (...) (over 50 (...) to (...) posted (...) use (...) to (...) I don't want to get into the frames debate here, but I just like to note that the real-estate issue is different from the frames/no frames debate. Both (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Scout secrets revealed

(...) Strictly speaking, not true. A large page with navigation along the top is much better for those with limited screen real estate than a large page in a frame with a navigation frame at the top. Without frames, as soon as the user scrolls down (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Scout secrets revealed

Points taken. (...) Main reason for that (I think) is the bookmark/url problem, which indeed started this thread. But it is possible to use frames that *are* bookmarkable[1]. I don't use on my site because of some technical issues, but I would (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)