 Robotics / 7803
RE: lego Technic "class"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 19:34:26 GMT

By "abnormal" I guess I really mean "mis-matched" foot sizes.

Some people have feet that are so different in size that they need to wear
vastly different sized shoes on each foot.  (ie: Left size 8, right size
13.)  Shoe stores will not break up two pairs of shoes to sell one of each
size to such a customer, since they know that they will never get rid of the
remaining "pair" of shoes.  So people with this problem used to have to buy
two pairs of shoes (ie: one size 8, the other size 13) and then never wear
two of the shoes.

Instead, the foundation to which I referred (sorry, don't remember the name)
maintains a database of people's foot sizes and shoe style preferences.
When a member needs to buy a pair of shoes, they find another member who
wants the same pair in the opposite sizes.  Then they buy two pairs of
shoes, and each member ends up with one pair.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Moffat [mailto:smoffat@hcitech.com]
Sent: Friday, October 29, 1999 3:22 PM
To: Chris Phillips
Cc: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: RE: lego Technic "class"

If you have an abnormal foot size why do you need to buy
twice as many shoes as those who do not?  I could understand if you had
an abnormal foot or something which would create an odd wear pattern on
a certain part of the shoe but would just a larger foot not wear the
same?

I apologize for this e-mail. It has nothing to do with
Legos but I had to ask.

<<...>>