 Robotics / 7626
Re: Wot no RCX power connector?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 23:32:33 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Schultz <dungeonmaster@get2net.dk>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Friday, October 22, 1999 8:36 PM
Subject: Re: Wot no RCX power connector?

C S Soh wrote:
Whatever, the reason for the disappearance of the RCX power connector it • is a
great step backwards. There are too many occasions when the internal • batteries
are unable to supply power long enough. And it is a pain to take apart • and fix
back the model just to replace the batteries.

I guess TLG still tries to aim their product at children => Childres
build cars => Cars cannot be plugged in and drive at the same time =>
Remove connector because it is not needed => lower production cost.
Or maybe the arrows should be turned the other way round....

Jacob

Or maybe it a safety issue? It may be considered unsafe for children to play
with a transformer
- as one end of the device operates at high voltage.

Thomas Hoeg-Jensen, Denmark