 Robotics / 7604
RE: Scout brick and IR
Newsgroups:
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 21:20:51 GMT

of looking at the ROM to see how different it is, and what's in there.

Jeff
jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesper Kjaer [SMTP:jesperkj@vip.cybercity.dk]
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 1999 4:22 PM
To: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com
Subject: RE: Scout brick and IR

All this leads up to this question: With LEGO releasing a programing
interface for the Scout next year, why do you think they would ditch so
much of the RCX firmware and then create something different that could
sill be programmed? Isn't that just reinventing the wheel?

Please give any ideas or comments you may have.

Best guess - to appeal to different segments of the market - the scout
looks
'easy' to use for people with no computer or programming experience - but
they still keep a door open for those of us that have computers and are
crazy about programming things - I honestly think that they did the best to
please all of us - and still try to make money (afterall that's what firms
like Lego do) - raise your hand - how many of you people that have a RIS
set
will NOT be buying/or want to buy the RDS? - and of those of you that DO
buy
the RDS are pleased with the fact that this brick can be programmed as
well?

regards

Jesper
mailto:jesperkj@vip.cybercity.dk