 Robotics / 7576
Re: RIS in Elem Eduction Florida
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 07:22:52 GMT

i dont know much about florida geography, but there is a tampa bay home
schooling group that uses the RCX.  go to http://ldaps.ivv.nasa.gov/ and click
on Partners.  There are also links from that site to K-5 teachers that have
used LEGO.  Terry Green from Lincoln, MA has used them extensively in 4th
grade science.

-ben

Rick Kirkwood wrote:

I am interested in starting a robotics club in a K-5 elementary school for
gifted kids using the RIS as a base.  Has anyone had experience in working
with kids in those age groups?  I am familiar with the First Lego League
program sponsored by TLG, but see that their target is a older age group.
Any practical experience working with younger kids would be very helpful.

I am also looking for other young robotics groups in N or Central FL.
Anyone interested in additional competition opportunities or just
get-togethers?

Rick
Jacksonville Beach FL
dynamics@mediaone.net