 Robotics / 7532
RE: new pieces (was Re: Wot no RCX power connector?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 19:35:36 GMT

These connectors are also available in kits like #8252 Beach Blaster, where
they are used to "plug and play" different suspension/wheel configurations.
Reasonably stiff for what they are, and I think they would make good
attachments for light (as in weight) sensor arrays, but not as stiff as you
might like for primary drive components.

Spend the $25.00 here, and you also get: (4x) 43.2 x 28 balloon
tires/wheels, 4x wishbone steering kits, 2 long racks, misc. bits, and the
police guy...;>)

Jeff
jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net

From: "Jesper Kjaer" <jesperkj@vip.cybercity.dk>
http://users.cybercity.dk/~nmb18889/ris15bricks.jpg

Still only one differential.

Any idea what the blue brick 4 rows down in the last column is for?  It
looks very strange.  The double yellow connector (3rd column, 12 rows • down)
is kind of interesting as well.  I don't think any of these make it worth
spending $25 for the RIS 1.5 upgrade though.

They use it to connect sensor mountings to the robot chassis in the
Constructopedia robots. The chassis and sensor array each have one of those
blue things, and they are locked together by the double yellow connector,
which can be inserted into the top, left or right, as seen in that diagram.
Gives you a variety of solid mounting positions at different orientations
and displacements.

Note the RCX - I believe it's still the same shape, except for two extra
studs at the ex-power connector end.

--
Kevin Bracey, Senior Software Engineer
Pace Micro Technology plc                     Tel: +44 (0) 1223 518566