 Robotics / 7476
    RE: AI and even more exiciting stuff —Ralph Hempel
   (...) Right you are. I guess I wasn't clear headed when I wrote my original response. I wanted to say that engineering (or CS) students shuold learn about fixed point methods at some point in their academic careers. The earlier the better. I was (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: AI and even more exiciting stuff —Luis Villa
     (...) Absolutely. Just not in our class, especially since it is an advanced (jr./sr. year) class which assumes a certain grounding before entry. -Luis ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. -Anonymous ###...### (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: AI and even more exiciting stuff —Alex Wetmore
   From: "Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> (...) Things are probably turning for the worse in this regard. When I started at my university (Carnegie Mellon) in 1991 in the CS dept you basically got a CS degree by also getting a math degree (and the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)