 Robotics / 7404
Re: c++
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 19:29:24 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Pedram Amini) writes:
I am coding a program that communicates with the RCX, and everything seems
to be working. However, I have come across one problem. I have a set of
buttons that control the movement of the motors. What I am trying to do is
smooth out the movement. For example in RCXcc's joystick panel the motor is
on so long as the mouse button is pressed on the appropriate button, when
the mouse is released the motor turns off. How can I incorporate this smooth
motion?

Thanks

Pedram

It depends...
One solution is to let the motor float.
Another and (I think) obvious solution is to gradually decrease the motor speed
by calling SetMotorSpeed (or whatever you call that function) repeatedly with a
decreasing speed value.

Søren