 Robotics / 7249
    Light Sensor in Mindstorms —Bryan Wong
   Could somebody explain in layman's terms how the light sensor works? Thanks! Bryan (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Light Sensor in Mindstorms —Wes Matchett
   The sensor uses two semiconductor devices (that's as technical as I'll get, hopefully). One of them is light sensing and the other is light producing. The sensor works by sending out some light and then sensing how much of that light is reflected (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Light Sensor in Mindstorms —Michael Gasperi
    Wes Matchett <wes@augustschell.com> wrote in message news:37FA8820.BA3709...ell.com... (...) I think it is a phototransistor. (...) You betcha. I don't know if it is layman enough, but there is a detailed description of the Light sensor at: (URL) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)