 Robotics / 7223
  RCX + C + Windows

Hello everybody I would like to know if is possible to control the RCX under Windows but not using the Spirit.OCX. I have already read something about NQC ... but I need something in pure C to develop my own rotines. I will really apreciate if (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX + C + Windows

What you want (drum roll please!) is legOS. The home page is at (URL) my HOWTO is at (URL) in this same hierarchy, you can try lugnet.robotics.RCX....lugnet.com for legOS specific help. Good luck. Luis (...) ###...### Profanity is the one language (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX + C + Windows

(...) If you download the NQC source distribution you'll find a set of C++ classes that control the interface to the RCX. Its pretty easy to extract these classes (and a few of their support classes) from NQC and use them stand-alone. The (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX + C + Windows

(...) Miguel, It depends on whether you want your programs to run on the RCX (case 1) or on the PC (case 2). Case 1: Try legOS. It uses gcc and a cross assembler to compile C directly to the RCX. It requires that you download alternative firmware. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)