 Robotics / 7226
Re: RCX + C + Windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 03:35:56 GMT

In article <37F94174.35669136@lrprc.fee.unicamp.br>, Miguel Lizarraga
<lizarrag@lrprc.fee.unicamp.br> wrote:

Hello everybody

I would like to know if is possible to control the RCX under Windows but
not using the Spirit.OCX.
I have already read something about NQC ... but I need something  in
pure C to develop my own rotines.
I will really apreciate if someone could help me.
Thaks a lot.

Miguel Lizarraga
Sao Paulo - Brazil

If you download the NQC source distribution you'll find a set of C++
classes that control the interface to the RCX.  Its pretty easy to extract
these classes (and a few of their support classes) from NQC and use them
stand-alone.  The interesting stuff starts at rcxlib/RCX_Link.cpp

These classes may be overkill for what you're doing, but you're welcome to
give them a try.

The NQC page is at www.enteract.com/~dbaum/nqc

Dave Baum

--