 Robotics / 702
Re: Batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 23:18:45 GMT

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, John Donaldson wrote:

  I wonder if it is the weight, the reason LEGO used 6 AA batteries
instead of a single 9V battery.

More likely because 6 AAs have considerably larger capacity, for longer
run times.

Also I can not find any data about the
9VDC Input on the back of the Brick.

You can plug the RCX into the wall in order to run it indefinitely.
You'll need a transformer, you can buy on at Radio Quack.

  Does it disconnect the internal batteries when used

It better!

  Does it allow the internal batteries to be recharged in place

Dunno 'bout this...

Daniel "Dan'l" Miller                Senior, School of Aeronautics and
danielmi@expert.cc.purdue.edu        Astronautics, Purdue, Indiana
danielmi@cartoon.ecn.purdue.edu