 Robotics / 6992
Re: RcxCC problem(question for NQC users)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:14:47 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Atta Emami) writes:
HI everyone,

is there anyway to use NQC and run RcxCC without having LEGO MindStorms
cd-rom ?

  RCXCC and (I believe) NQC both use the spirit.ocx for the RCX download
routines.  Someone a while ago gave a procedure to register the spirit.ocx with
the registry, without needing to install the whole Mindstorms software set.  It
is also possible that you could install the Mindstorms software (thereby
registering spirit.ocx) and then remove the software just leaving the object
model behind.

  You'd have to search back through the archive to find the post that explained
how to just register the spirit.ocx, I don't remember how.

DLC