 Robotics / 6950
  Re: IRPD revisited

Matthew, I agree. Depends on the speed of the robot. If the bot is moving slow enough, touch sensors are fine. There are probably configurations with long mechanical "feelers" that will work well at higher speeds. From what I have seen, adults seem (...) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IRPD revisited

(...) It also depends on the construction of the robot itself. The Lego Group's designs (in general) are usually pretty good at staying together. Some of their models can literally be bounced off of a wall and do more damage to the wall than the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)