 Robotics / 6881
Re: Who are you, lego fanatics ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:09:11 GMT

Philippe,

Have you ever asked who you are speaking to, when answering/asking
questions in this lego newsgroup? I'd like to know more about people
involved in this newsgroup: you probably would like too, isn't it?

So I have a proposition : why not create a site where anyone could
upload a picture, and a text:

-about himslef, it's hobbies, it's age
-with a link to it's homepage
-with it's e-mail
-it's job/studies

... and so on.

Is anyone interested by this idea ? I could do this : you send me
everything you want to be added to the page, and I'll upload the facts,
let's say every week. Or I could give the password and username for
direct ftp-upload?

I have never seen this before on other newsgroups, but maybe no one
care. We'll see.

Any comment, any interest?

You can already do this using the Lego-Robotics Wiki-Web (see link at bottom
of message). This is a collaborative web-site where users can edit the
pages. People are encouraged to add personal pages and place them in the
"People" category (so they can be found easily). You can even add photos if
you have some web space somewhere that can hold the image file. You can
actually upload image files to the Wiki but you can reference them. For an
example see my Wiki page at:

http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Lego-Robotics/AndyBower.htm

Regards,

Andy Bower