 Robotics / 684
Re: Misc. Lego parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 01:09:37 GMT

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Mark Hoy wrote:

-4 Shocks
-universal joints, (don't know many I'd need for a 4 wheel drive vehicle
with
  steering and shocks)
-1x2 block with two holes
-1x1 block with one hole

8414 Mountain Rambler has 2 shocks, 1 universal, and 2 1x1 beams.
("Beams" are distinguished from "bricks" by holes.)  Also has 2 more
wheels, 2 treads and 6 cogs.  It's rather light on beams but it has lots
of connectors, axles, and those non-brick structure pieces.

How do you know what parts are in which kits?

1.  Buy it and find out!  F'rinstance, 8412 Nighthawk has those cool
pushrods, lots of long axles, a tilting axle thingy for the rotor, 3
adjustable cams, two 2x20 (!) plates, and Toy R Us has it on clearance for
$15.

2.  Just ask...

3.  There are several inventory sites out there, though I don't know the
URL offhand.

Daniel "Dan'l" Miller                Senior, School of Aeronautics and
danielmi@expert.cc.purdue.edu        Astronautics, Purdue, Indiana
danielmi@cartoon.ecn.purdue.edu