 Robotics / 6783
Re: RIS 1.5 defined???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 22:24:51 GMT

Well, I look at it this way....

...get an RCX, 717 more parts, some could be new, some couldn't, and a newer
version of the constructopedia....for $199.

Can't beat that with a stick.  new RCX from Lego is $129, can you find a kit
of 717 Technics type stuff for $70?  Maybe, but would it be the # of gears
and all you get with it?

I'll probably get one.

TOm

ryan r. <goofy173@NOSPAMnetzero.net> wrote in message
Well, I saw the Droid Dev Kit & the Robotics Discovery System boxes
today at a TRU. The DDK and the RDS both show a RIS 1.5 box on the back.
If we assume that the box was final art, then one change is the parts
count. The existing RIS 1.0 has a parts count of 727, the box shown for
the RIS 1.5 sez 717 pcs. I wondered what parts they added/deleted ?

On my Droid and Robotics boxes it shows the 717 pieces but the RCX shown
still says 1.0.