 Robotics / 6766
Re: The Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 08:43:34 GMT

I must say that Make-A-Wish is one great organization. As the father of a
son who at the age of 12 years was diagnosed with testicular cancer that had
spread well up into his abdomen I can tell you that the Make-A-Wish people
and especially the volunteer who handled my son's wish were a real blessing
in a real difficult time in the whole families lives. My son is 17 now and
sure loves the mindstorms and I am sure yours will also.
God Bless
Jim Clark

"ryan r." wrote:

My 9 year old son just received all the Mindstorm sets from Make-A-Wish.
Lego donated the Droid kit because it couldn't be found locally.

What a blast. I hadn't read much on it before, but I was somewhat
disappointed that the scouts are not programmable.

Guess I'll have to spring for another RCX.

Has anyone ever seen a new RCX for less than the $129 Lego price?

There is Love in the Red Letters.
There is truth in the Red Letters.
There is hope for the hopeless, tears and forgiveness.
There is love in the Red Letters, the Red Letters.