 Robotics / 6763
RE: Help with connecting pyroelectric sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 17:57:35 GMT

Gentlemen

The spec sheet for the part indicates that the 2.5 volt
reference is an *output* for reference purposes only.
The maximum load is 20 microamps.  In other words, that
pin should only be tied to a high impedance input on a
voltage comparator or op amp used to detect the state
of the main output on pin 2.  Also, the allowed load
on the output can be no lower than 125 Kohm.  In other
words, an op amp is a necessity for MindStorms use.

Edwin Tripp
tripp@oclc.org