 Robotics / 676
675  |  677
Subject:
LEGO releases developer kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 23:33:09 GMT

I just noticed this today.

Spirit.OCX Technical Reference, a 110-page .pdf file available for
download from the main www.legomindstorms.com web page.

-Suz.

A quote from TLG, about the document:
----------------------------------
At LEGO, we believe that imagination is important to the world. For
decades, the LEGO construction materials have been a means for people of
all ages to express creativity and make discoveries of their own. The
addition of LEGO programmable bricks brings a whole new dimension to construction.

The LEGO programmable bricks are microcomputers, which makes it possible
to add functions or behaviour to physical creations made by LEGO pieces.
The functions or behaviour are controlled by means of programming.

LEGO has launched two types of programmable bricks: the RCX(tm) of LEGO®
MINDSTORMS(tm) Robotics Invention System(tm) and CyberMaster(tm) of LEGO
Technic® CyberMaster(tm). The programming software codes of these two
products have deliberately been designed to be easy to use -yet versatile
and powerful in function. This has been important to enable kids to use
the new technology for creation of their own personally meaningful inventions.

This technical reference guide is published to allow more creative freedom
in the programming for more experienced users. The technical reference
guide documents how the programmable bricks can be programmed by means of
Visual Basic. We hope that the release of this document will inspire even
more people to develop imaginative applications of the programmable bricks.

We kindly ask you to read the License Agreement and Warranty Disclaimer
below before using this document.

We wish you good luck with development of creative applications.

LEGO - just imagine...