 Robotics / 6703
6702  |  6704
Subject:
Mindstorms rocket launcher?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 09:58:25 GMT

Is it possible to use the RCX to launch probes that will orbit around the
moon ;-)
No, that´s not what i am asking, but what about a launcher for a
lego-spaceship, like one of those small classic space ships.
I have an idea to use a motor, use gears in order to make it run faster, and
then use a rack, powered by the motor, to push the space ship away on a
ramp. It could easily be done without the RCX, but I´m sure that the sensors
could be used in a good way here. Perhaps a touch-sensor that is a t the end
of the ramp, which feels when the ship comes, and stops the motor?
Any ideas welcome!

--tobias