 Robotics / 6650
  IR to PC

Has anyone had any luck getting the RCX to communicate with a PC IR device (such as a laptop's IR port)? From my feeble understanding, it would take either writing the IRDA protocol on the RCX via LegOS, or writing a device driver on the PC side to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR to PC

(...) It is my understanding that IrDA and the RCX use totally different carrier frequencies for the IR ports, and thus are incompatible at a much more basic hardware level. This has been discussed in great detail in the past, so I recommend (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)