 Robotics / 6607
    Extra COM port on PC? —Laurentino Martins
   I bought a Palm Pilot and I got out of COM ports: Mouse + Modem + Palm Pilot + LEGO Tower Any recommendations on a board that can add an extra COM port (maybe two) to a PC so I can connect the CyberMaster tower? Another question, can we attach a COM (...) (25 years ago, 28-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Extra COM port on PC? —Jeff Jackowski
     (...) If it's an internal modem, you could set the modem to use a non-standard interrupt and IO port and configure your software to match. That'll leave room for another standard port. Or you could put a couple devices on a switch box so you can use (...) (25 years ago, 28-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Extra COM port on PC? —Al Thiele
   I checked out Entrega's 2U1S1P Multifunction USB Hub (which adds a serial port and a parallel port without requiring additional IRQs) a few weeks ago. I found the serial port ("COM3USB") worked well for a 56K modem, a Palm HotSync cradle, the RIS IR (...) (25 years ago, 28-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)