 Robotics / 6576
  RIS 1.5 defined???

Forgive me if this is old news, but.... It looks as if RIS 1.5 is just a software/constructopedia update, and that the RCX used is still the 1.0 version... check out: (URL) you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 1.5 defined???

Well, I saw the Droid Dev Kit & the Robotics Discovery System boxes today at a TRU. The DDK and the RDS both show a RIS 1.5 box on the back. If we assume that the box was final art, then one change is the parts count. The existing RIS 1.0 has a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 1.5 defined???

(...) On my Droid and Robotics boxes it shows the 717 pieces but the RCX shown still says 1.0. (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 1.5 defined???

Well, I look at it this way.... ...get an RCX, 717 more parts, some could be new, some couldn't, and a newer version of the constructopedia....for $199. Can't beat that with a stick. new RCX from Lego is $129, can you find a kit of 717 Technics type (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)