 Robotics / 6554
  Climbing robot?

I've seen a ROBOLAB video where someone had made a bot which could climb glass doors with suction cups and pneumatics, and Fudd has got his stair climber... but has anyone made a robot that can climb a pole of some sort? i.e. straight up? I have (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Climbing robot?

(...) Well, my initial thought is that a simple climber is one that has an inchworm-style motion - open upper gripper, extend the upper half, close upper gripper, release lower gripper, contract body to raise lower gripper, close lower gripper, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Climbing robot?

Where can I find more info on the Fudd stair climber? I couldn't find anything in the LUGNET newsgroups. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Climbing robot?

(...) What about a set of tank treads (3 or more) that just hug the pole and go? With the proper tension is might work. Just a thought, -Paul (pspeed@progeeks.com, (URL) you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Climbing robot?

(...) I'm not sure if the Lego system can exert enough pressure on a tread structure to allow this to work, since it would need to be in the sweet spot between to little to grip and too much to roll. Still, it is something to experiment with. And it (...) (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)