 Robotics / 6551
    RE: touch sensors aren't just switches (was Re: ideas for a RIS 2.0 —Jim Thomas
   I believe what we have got here is two solutions. 1) replace the Lego hardware with better microswitches 2) Make a multiplexor capable to work well with the Lego touch sensors Either one will work. I think I would rather make the multiplexor than (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Software builds LEGO structures.. —Sean Heber
     (URL) don't know if this has been posted to the list, but I thought it might be of intrest.. Looks like all us bot builders could be out of a job soon.. :-P "Evolution, until now the unchallenged domain of living organisms, may soon become possible (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        software debouncing (was Re: touch sensors aren't just switches (was Re: ideas for a RIS 2.0 —Robert Munafo
   (...) The way I debounce is by using a simulated RC network ("RC" stands for resistor-capacitor). RC networks exhibit a "decaying exponential" response to an input waveform. Here is an example of how to simulate an RC network: averagereading = 0; (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)