 Robotics / 6536
RE: TV Remote Control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 03:00:50 GMT

It is my understanding that the 8-in-1 version from X-10 should be able to
work with Mindstorms, as it is a learning remote (although you probably have
to use the regular remote to program it).  The more common 6-in-1 isn't
capable of learning, and won't be able to work with Mindstorms.

--Kurtis

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Watt [mailto:wattsup1@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 1999 7:52 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: TV Remote Control

My x10 remote (x10 powerhouse 6 in 1 remote control) does RF and IR.  It
is a multifunction unit to control x10 and the TV/VCR/Tapedeck/etc by IR.

It won't work with the mindstorms unit though,

-Phil

dave madden wrote:

=>From: STARRWARSS@aol.com
=>Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:21:09 EDT
=>
=>I got a X-10 Remote control which I was hoping I could use for a
=>replacement of the Mindstorm version.

If you're talking about the "Active-Home" X-10 (www.x10.com) remote
control, then you'll be disappointed: it uses RF, not IR.

d.