 Robotics / 6520
RE: Base Plates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:51:32 GMT

I appologize for the confusion.  I should have been more specific.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Munafo [mailto:munafo@gcctechNO.SPAMcom]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 1999 10:18 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Base Plates

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Berger, Kurtis (I)) writes:
Lego catalog has them.  The largest (I think it's 15x15) is (if I remember
correctly) $11.00 USD

The largest one I've seen for sale in the last year is a 48x48 gray
baseplate
for US $9.99 (at Toys R Us and The Construction Site). It's item number 628
"Extra Large Gray Baseplate" in the Shop At Home catalog (if you're using
the
web catalog, it's in the LEGO System->Supplementary section).

Perhaps when you said "15x15" you were giving the dimensions in inches. The
48x48 baseplate is 15 inches (or 38.3 centimeters) on each side.

I've bought three; I use them as a backdrop when I photograph my models.

(There is also a red 24x24 Duplo baseplate, item number 2306, which is the
same
size).

- Robert Munafo                           http://www.mrob.com/
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13