 Robotics / 6495
Re: Help needed with opto-interrupter rotation sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:34:23 GMT

fototaker <fototaker@hevanet.com> wrote in message
I cannot tell which pins are the anode and which are the
cathode.

I've never seen the Radio Shack part but I found this on the Radio Shack
page.

Infrared Emitter and Detector Pair
(276>-<0142)                 Hints and Tips             Faxback Doc. # 17161

Q:  Unable to identify the parts.

A:  Set the devices on a table with the lens facing up and pins facing the
    person looking at the devices.  The dark plastic device is the
    detector. The emitter is on the left and the collector on the right.
    The clear device is the LED. The anode is on the left and the cathode
    on the right.