 Robotics / 6472
  RE: r/c servos and firmware

(...) OhOh, I've piqued my own interest. I've looked at the H8 hardware manual and the RCX internals. The OC1A triggers every msec, except the stupid routine clears the Free Running Timer every time!!!! So much for using the OC1B, maybe. The minimal (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: r/c servos and firmware

(...) Almost exactly how I'd do it. The problem is what if OCIB must be set to a small value, and the FRT has already passed this value when the OCIA handler sets up OCIB in step 3? This problem is solvable. If the total interval is closer to 1 ms, (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: r/c servos and firmware

(...) Whew! I'm glad I got that much right :-) (...) We could check OC1B and if it's "close" just turn off the motor...as far as the long timer goes, OC1A should always force the output off...on the other hand, the OC1B could be set NO GREATER than (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: r/c servos and firmware

(...) Thinking about this more, I do not know what I was thinking earlier. Since you are in an ISR, you know can count the number of cycles in the instructions between reading the FRT and enabling the OCIB interrupt, and you can estimate "close" (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)